Picking the right financial adviser can be a daunting proposition, you will be sharing your personal
dreams and financial situation with them. You may be working with them for a number of years and
making the wrong choice could be stressful and expensive.
Whilst I hope that you would like to work with Plan with Neil, we may not be suited or I may not
have capacity to take on new clients. To assist, I’ve put together a list of questions you should ask a
prospective Financial Adviser.
By getting answers to these questions, you will get a true flavour of what they are about and
whether they are the right adviser for you.
- What do you do?
- Are you independent or restricted?
- Do you have other clients like me?
- What qualifications do you hold personally?
- What qualifications does your team hold?
- What’s your investment approach or philosophy?
- Do you offer Cashflow Forecasting?
- Will you help me ensure that my Life Insurance and protection needs are met?
- Will you act in a fiduciary capacity when providing me with advice?
- How much access will I get to you when I need you?
- Are you directly authorised by the FCA or an appointed representative of another organisation?
- How do you charge?
- Can I walk away after the initial advice if I don’t want to go any further?
- How big is your team?
- Would I have a dedicated person to contact when needed?
- What are your plans for the business over the next xx years?
- Who owns the company?
- How many clients do you work with at present?
- What is the best thing that you have ever done/ achieved for one of your clients?
- Can you put me in touch with a couple of your clients to have a chat with?
- How long will it take to receive advice?
- Will I have mobile access to all the files and financial info?